Monday, August 11, 2008

TaGgEd!

RANDOM FACTS:
When I feel anxiety I open the door to my linen closet and just stand there take a deep breath, and enjoy the calmness of the organization, and it grounds me.

You probably already know this, but Jade and I only knew each other for four days when we got engaged.

When I was seventeen my sister was dyeing her hair and she told me to smell it because it "smells soooo yummy!!" I did, and now I can't smell anything unless it is really strong. And most of the time stuff doesn't smell like what it really is. Like how bananas smell like vomit. Oh, and I can't taste things very well, either.

Jade and I have been married longer than anyone in my family (except my gram), and I am SUPER proud of that! This includes my parents SIX marriages!

CURRENT OBSESSION:
I LOVE digital scrapbooking! It is so much easier for me than traditional scrapbooking, and its cheaper, too! Plus, I don't have to worry about leaving a mess of papers and stuff that the kiddos can get into.

GOALS:
#1 Find a daily routine that works for me and STICK WITH IT!
#2 Get Jade through medical school
#3 Lose 20 lbs.
#4 Build up food storage and emergency fund

MY FEARS:
That I won't ever learn to keep my mouth shut and that I will alienate people with my moronic sense of humor and gossip.

That Jade and my friends will realize how uncool I really am and stop loving me (wow, that was deep...)

MY JOYS:
I LOVE my husband! He brings me joy every minute that we are together. I am so happily married it's ridiculous! My children bring me joy, and my friends bring me joy. Lori, Heather, Dana, Stacy, Stacey, Kay, Melissa, Becca, Tiffany, Natalie, Mighty Meg, Mandi, Sam, Ashlee, Holly, Sina, Elizabeth, Apryl, Kristi and the rest of you girlfriends that take care of me and keep me going, you bring me joy! Photography and good books. The first time I get under the sheets with freshly shaved legs brings me joy. Cleaning music and guitar hero. THANKSGIVING...mmmm...that definitely brings me joy! Game night with the Whytes brings me joy. The thrill of learning something new brings me joy.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Dot, we will never stop loving you..We are in it for the long haul..you better beleive it!!!

ROBYN -N- KEVIN said...

YAY for Dot and her blogging!! Your pictures are so cute and it's about time you updated it... keep it coming!

Kristy Wilkey said...

Dot-
Imagine the thrill of finding your blog page! Ok, I just clicked on you from Stacey's page but still. It was great to see your family and be able to catch up with you a little. We really need to get in touch!
Kristy

KariAnn said...

Dot, I just happened across your blog and I love you even more now than I did before! I didn't know that your husband wanted to go to med school...we should talk about that. Come visit me on my blog...christiansendesertrats.blogspot.com
KariAnn

Shanny said...

Cute blog! Now I have something else to read while I'm feeding the baby. . . :)

Carsen and Lesina said...

Yay!! welcome back to blogging. now i need to get back to it. anyhow i have some of the same goals as you do losing 20lbs. we need to get back to working out chica.