Friday, October 10, 2008

The Moral of the Story is.....

...pay attention to your child, even if you're on the phone, when he's yelling your name louder and louder.

Conversation:

Mom: (talking to Kristi on the phone) "How long is it?"
(ahem...I was talking about the trailer we're borrowing from them)

Jaden: (somewhere in the background) "Gabe!!! I will get it! I will get it!!!"

Gabe: (also in the background) "Mommy! I have a Hoween eyeinmyeeeeaaaaaarr!"
(I didn't quite get what he was saying because I was listening to Kristi)


Mom: "SHHHHH! I'm on the PHONE!" (not nice, I know....)

Gabe: (still in the background) "Mommy! I have a Hoween eyeinmyeeeeaaaaaarr!"

Mom: ignoring Gabe to the best of my ability

Gabe: "MOM!!! I HAVE A HOWEEN EYE IN MY EEEEAAARRR!"

Okay, Buddy, you got my attention... Translation: My big brother stuck a Halloween eye (googly eye) in my ear. Great. I'm sure the instacare ladies will be happy to take care of that for us...again.

Good news! Uncle Shea held the flashlight and pulled on the ear while I extracted the offending googly eye from Gabe's ear canal. All is well in the Nielson house....for now.

9 comments:

Heather said...

OH my GOSH! That is sooo funny!

Becky said...

I'm always entertained whenever I swing on by! Thank you for the great kids and awesome stories!

Randi said...

Dot you are crazy. I am sad that you are leaving but how fun that will be for you!! A new start and a new adventure! Good luck!

Ashlee said...

Dot! Yea you have a blog I am so glad! Your boys are so big and you had a girl! How fun. She is a doll! She is probably like one by now it has been so long since I've seen you. You look great it looks like life is crazy as usual :)

Carsen and Lesina said...

Hey dot how is slc. Jaden school pic is so cute. i love it. well hope all is well up north, prepare for the cold weather.

Leslie said...

Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog. It took me a minute to remember who you are. As soon as I saw your picture I remembered! Your kids are beautiful and you guys look really happy! I can't believe you have three, it seems like I just heard you were pregnant with # 1! Crazy!

Honey Family Blog said...

You need to update your blog with what has been going on with the big move! I promise I am going to call you back! Life has been a little hectic around here with the stomach flu, so hopefully things will start getting better! I hope you guys are doing good, and I miss you already!

Heather said...

DOT! I'm beginning to worry about you more and more! Hope everything is going good! Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

hey my friend you really need to put a quick blurp on your blog to let us all know whats up! miss you- meg