Sunday, April 6, 2008

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, CAPTAIN GABE!

Gabe turned 3 on March 26th! Yeah!!! We are out of the terrible twos!....Wait, there's a terrible threes? I should have known...

Gabe was so excited for his birthday party this year! Every day for a week before the party he would say, "Mom, is this day my birfday?" So on the day of the party it wasn't too tough to get the boys up and out the door. They were both BIG helpers to get everything at the park set up and ready for all the kids.

I'm bummed that I forgot to save a copy of the invitation for his scrapbook!:( They were printed on brown paper with a pirate map in the background (like a watermark) and then the edges were burned to make it look old. Gabe and Jaden held them and took them everywhere for two days. I was pretty proud...This was the wording for the invitation:

Ahoy There Matey!

Arr!...Ye be invited

fer some swashbuckling fun to

Captain Gabriel’s

Pirate Birthday Party!

Chart yer course fer the
Pineview Estates Park in Washington Fields. Be on deck Thursday, March 27th at 10:30, or ye’ll walk the plank!

Wave yer flag if ye be attendin’!



We started out with a pirate treasure hunt. There was a big kids team and a little kids team, each with their own map and a "mommy helper" to take them through the park to find the goody bags. This was a HUGE success! And the animal crackers in the goody bags did a pretty good job of buffering the eight pounds of buttercream icing the kids were about to consume!











So, about the cake... I was pretty proud of myself for this being my first time decorating a cake all by myself, and at the same time I was praying that Momma Larie (Jade's mom and the best cake decorator EVER) wouldn't see it. It looked pretty sloppy compared to her masterpieces, but not bad for a beginner, eh? And the icing was homemade, too!








No comments: